Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Societies Child

When I was a child you couldn't keep me safe. You failed to protect me. You allowed me to experience things that most adults don't. You place me homes with people who are afraid to deal with me. Some families don't want to be bothered with me and don't care where I am or where I go. Some families treat me as cheap labor that they get paid for. You see this and yet turn the other way. I guess if you don't see it then it didn't happen huh? As I grow up finding placements for me becomes harder because of my attitude. In my teens I figured you owed me something for giving me the fucked up life I have to live. Always bouncing around, no security, no love, and no one cared. Hell yeah you owe me! I am resovled in knowing I have a better chance to get blood out of a turnip then you paying for your blind eye, screwed up thinking, and more harm then good. So, I release you of your debt as I see it. I age out of foster care and try to live my life as a carefree kid. I was not prepared for the world or what I was supposed to do. You looked down on me. Talked about me behind my back. Laughed at me when I had nothing. Not once thought "We created this. We need to fix this". I was an untreatable, uncurable sore. You couldn't figure out how to get rid of me. Now I am older with children who look to me for guidance, support, and love. I give them everything I didn't have. I have not nor will not conform to your idea's or so called way of life. I will continue to be a thorn in your side because I am your creation. I am societies child.

2 comments: